Strawberry Chocolate Tart


Since I was in the baking mood and had quite a bit of time, I decided that one fine afternoon to make chocolate strawberry tart. I really love giving gifts. But, let me rephrase that, I really love giving heartfelt gifts. Giving a gift that's barely thought out or mindlessly chosen is not the kind of thing I'd want to impose on someone, nor would I ever want to receive it. Yes, sometimes, a hand crafted or handpicked gift is not as useful, as say, a gift card but I think it really is the thought that counts. I mean it's a popular phrase for good reason.




That's why one of my most favoritist gifts to give are baked creations. They involve time, work and love - and bonus, they make people happy! It just works out perfectly for me because I love to bake and I love to try out new recipes.

For crust:


plain flour 100g
cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes 85
pinch of salt 
1-2 tsp cold water


1. In a food processor put in flour,  salt and sugar and pulse a few times to get things mixed together.2. Add chilled and cubed butter and turn on until the dough looks like small pebbles.  Then add the egg and turn on until dough begins to form.
3. Wrap the dough up with and put in the refrigerator for 30 mins.
4. After chilling.  Roll dough on lightly floured surface to the size of your tart  pan. Gently lay the crust into the tart pan and form to the pan.  Put pan in the freezer for 15 mins.
5. Bake crust at 180 degrees for 15 with pie weights (could us beans or rice) inside the crust then take out the weights and bake for about 15 mins.  Cool crust completely on cooling rack.

For the filling:
Dark Chocolate 145g
Whipping cream 125ml
Unsalted butter 35g
Sugar 2 tbsp


Bring cream and butter to a boil until the butter melt, then put chocolate and sugar in. Gently stir until smooth.
Pour filling into cooled crust. Cool completely on rack.




For topping:

1 Strawberry each tart
Glazing gel
1 piece of chocolate decoration each tart

1. Cut strawberries into any shape you want
2. Apply glazing gel on the strawberries (it is just to make the strawberries look shinny, you don't have to put that on or you could use jelly powder+hot water, it will be the same)
3. Put a piece of chocolate on
4. ENJOY!

om nom nom

Comments

Popular Posts